Used measurement equipment!?!!? Why not? There are many reasons used measurement equipment can be worth looking at...
- "High end" measurement equipment is often kept in work spaces with very tightly controlled environments and used only by highly skilled, fully capable metrology technicians.
- "Dedicated" measurement equipment is often retired at the end of a production run, well before the end of its useful life
- Any high precision gage must be built to very high standards, using only quality components, to be capable of the task it is designed to perform. Because of this, a great deal of it can be refurbished to "like new" condition for a small percentage of the value of the equipment.
- Gages require annual (or even more frequent) calibrations - Thorough cleaning and basic maintenance is part of the certification process, ensuring that the gages have been regularly maintained.
- Many gaging principles have not changed - While some electonic gaging can become obsolete quickly, the basics of gage design have not changed. It is true that some of the older equipment is very heavy and bulky, but we routinely have customers tell us to "keep your eyes our" for a particular instrument, or even the mechanical parts of one, so it can be retrofitted at a fraction of the cost of new.
- Have equipment you want to sell? Call us - there is a good chance we may come across a buyer.
- Want to save some money over buying new? Call us - we may know someone who has what you are looking for.
- In either case, we can't help you if we don't know what you have or are looking for.
So what is the catch? As with anything used, there can be some bad deals and in some cases, it makes sense to buy new to avoid known issues. We can help you make those decisions. Our goal is to help you find what you need at a fair price - used or new.